The purpose of this Interchange Operational Analysis Report is to identify minor improvements for the I-75/SR 24 (Archer Road) interchange area to extend the life of the existing interchange. The analyses years include existing year, 2014 and future years, 2020 and 2030.
Within the vicinity of the I-75/SR 121 Interchange, the following needs have been identified and will be addressed as part of this project:
• Provide additional queue storage on the Northbound (NB) and Southbound (SB) off ramps.
• Provide Bike Lanes on SR 24 through the interchange.
• Provide additional queue storage for SR 24 Westbound (WB) to I-75 NB
• Provide additional queue storage for the SR 24 WB to I-75 SB
• Provide additional queue storage for SR 24 Eastbound (EB) to I-75 NB
• Provide queue storage for SR 24 EB to I-75 SB.
• Provide queue storage for SR 24 EB to SW 40th Blvd.
The Build Alternative is recommended. The Build Alternative provides an acceptable LOS through 2030 at the ramp terminals and reduces the delay times at the adjacent intersections when compared to the No-Build alternative. The Build Alternative also provides bike lanes for EB and WB bike traffic on SR 24 through the
interchange. The Build Alternatives consists of the following modifications:
• (1) Additional left turn lane and (1) additional right turn lane on the NB off ramp.
• Add a WB through/right lane on SR 24 through the interchange.
• Add a right turn lane on SR 24 WB to I-75 NB.
• Remove the right turn channelization for SR 24 WB to I-75 NB.
• Extend the left turn lane on SR 24 EB to I-75 NB.
• Add a left turn lane to the SB off ramp.
• Add a right turn lane to the SB off ramp.
• Remove the right turn lane channelization for the SB off ramp.
• Add a right turn lane on SR 24 EB to I-75 SB.
• A right turn lane on SR 24 EB to SW 40th Blvd SB.
• Increase storage for SW 43rd St. NB approach.
• Add bike lanes in both the EB and WB directions on SR 24.
Purpose and Need
Download the Purpose and Need (PDF, 254.2KB)
The purpose of this Interchange Operational Analysis Report (IOAR) is to analyze the existing operating conditions of the I-75/SR 24 Interchange and recommend minor improvements to address operational deficiencies associated with the interchange. The improvements addressed in this IOAR have little to no environmental impact or right-of-way requirements.